Our journey as a homeschooling, foster care, adoptive family!
Thursday, September 13, 2012
Desensitized (SOA SPOILER)
I really like the show Sons of Anarchy. It's violent. I'm not usually a violent show watcher. I prefer the joys and trials of Parenthood or Greys Anatomy. Something about SoA hooked me. Last night I got to catch up on the premiere. Season 5. I almost didn't remember what happened in previous seasons. After I watched in SHOCK, Johnny asked me how it was. I said 4 people, no wait, 5 people were killed and one was beat up. I watched the show, hooked. After it was over, I calmly told my husband that I watched 5 people get killed. The kicker? One of dismembered, one shot in the head, one strangled by handcuffs, one shot while cleaning, and the worst, a girl burned alive while her father watched on in horror handcuffed to a pipe, unable to save her. This was considered payback. Then the dying wayward ex-cop got beat up. How, was I able to watch this as entertainment. Why wasn't I more upset. Yes, I know it wasn't real. Of course not, especially when I just read an interview with Tig on how he prepared for that scene. I've heard my generation was desensitized to violence, allowed to play to many video games and watch too much tv. Me? I didn't play video games and my tv time was monitored and limited. We watched TGIF and not MTV. I thought Dirty Dancing was a porn until I was 15. So why was I able to sit through this show? Thoughts?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Because Jax is so darn hot!!!! LOL! I have no idea...I am not a violent person either, but I have watched all seasons faithfully, and will continue to do so! I'm glad you like it though!
I'm the farthest thing from violent and for some reason I love this show! My husband and I have watched it faithfully since the beginning. I don't watch scary movies or anything else that's like SOA because I literally have nightmares but for some reason I'm hooked! Growing up I didn't watch a lot of tv and like you when I did it was TGIF and stuff like that. I was always outside and never played video games. I think Carrie is right it must be because Jax is so hot! LOL!
IDK.....
I love the show Josh and I watch. I think its that whole danger thing and it's so far from our lives. Just crazy.
Post a Comment