Our journey as a homeschooling, foster care, adoptive family!

Friday, November 25, 2011

All hail the conquering hunters.

All three of the men came home with the bacon *ahem* deer. My brother shot a large buck on Wednesday. Johnny shot a doe on Wednesday shortly after we arrived at my parents. And my dad got his first deer in six years (and his first buck) on Thursday! They took the meat to the processors and came home with:


Johnny and Dads.

Justin's!
I know lots of people are against hunting, but holy moly! Look at all this meat. I have three carnivorous growing boys and a husband! This is a blessing, even it's a gross blessing!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Love it!!!!!!!! Send some my way! lol! Way to go guys!

Steph @ Halfway to Somewhere said...

That's a lot of meat!!! I'm hoping that's what our house will look like when my hunter gets home. Nothing like a freezer full of meat!

Holly Aytes said...

That is awesome! I am not a fan of deer though I think it is b/c I have never had it cooked right. My grandparents used to hunt all the time...duck, deer, rabbit.

Notsopc said...

*ALERT* Your dad got deer two seasons ago.. but it was six years before that... oops...

Tiny Blue Lines said...

"Gross blessing." LOL!