Our journey as a homeschooling, foster care, adoptive family!

Monday, February 14, 2011

I love you yesterday, today, and tomorrow.

My husband and I are not Valentine's Day people. At all. Yeah, some years he comes home with something, most years not. One year, he did come home with a beautiful painting, that I had been drooling over for a year. That was our fist Valentine's Day in 2002. My husband shows me he loves me every day. Every day! Whether is be a simple, I love you, bringing home a chocolate bar or pepsi, sending me away on vacations, or even taking out the trash first thing in the morning. I love him, all the time. I find this day so trivial. Of course, if you celebrate, more power to you. I get that some people thing it's important. When my husband asked if I'd like flowers, I said "Sure, but wait until Friday, when prices go back to normal." I love our relationship! In the words of Matthew West "It's perfect imperfect, so crazy, but it's worth it. I'm wrapped around you like this ring, and something tells me, even if I could, I wouldn't change a thing."

1 comment:

Holly Aytes said...

matt and i don't really celebrate either. we have dinner alone on another night. the only time i have gotten flowers is when i delivered our kids. i am not a flower person...they are so expensive and are going to be dead in a week. i would rather have dinner and a movie any day :) and we made a deal a few years ago that we wouldn't do cards any more. they just end up in the trash and i would rather hear i love you then read it :)