Our journey as a homeschooling, foster care, adoptive family!

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Happy Father's Day ( a few days late)

I could not imagine a more amazing father for kids. I certainly got lucky. My kids got lucky!!! My husband works incredibly hard and will still come home to run around bases or throw a football or read a book. He's leader of our boys Cub Scout pack. He is the reason we started attended church. He's quite the server, signing up for any job listed, however, he always takes a kid with him to show them the benefits of serving. I can see my oldest may very well develop into a server as well. I get to go out. I always hear "who's got your kids?" Their dad does, usually met with a gasp reaction. As a foster dad, he's been just a great, loving these kids as much as our own. He's even been known to watch my friends kids too, just so we can go out to dinner. He's rather amazing, and I'm blessed to have him!

3 comments:

brandyglows said...

Aww. I got a little teary eyed. :)

Jermaine Walker said...

Ah, Johnny—I love him almost as much as I fear him. He has more guns than I have one-liners, but I still just want to give him a big hug when I see him. I hope he had a great day, that short, short, dangerous man.

Holly Aytes said...

What a sweet post and a sweet daddy!