So my sweet darling 8 year old came out of the bathroom with bits of shaving cream on his face. He asked for a towel. I asked him what he was doing. He looked at me with a "duh" expression and said "I'm shaving, I have to do this every morning." I asked who told him that, (since his daddy doesn't shave every morning) He said "No one told me, it's a chore I made up on my list." He's so funny!!! However, none of his 'real' chores were done yet. He got them done. I came downstairs to him folding a load of underwear and socks. (quite well) I again asked why he was doing that. "To give you a break, mom, to help you out" Now his cheeks are turning PINK as he's saying this. I asked what he wanted, figuring it would be to skip school or to play the Wii. Nope. "Money" is my child's response. I told him it was nice to know that he could fold the laundry so well. He said "thanks, mommy" He has no idea of what he just did. Guess who's going to start helping me fold laundry!!!!
Look at those piles! He's doomed to help me forever!! LOL!!!!
2 comments:
Bad move, kid. You could have held out for at least two more years. So sad to see it happen this way.
Another one bites the dust. ;)
Isn't it amazing what kids come up with on their own?? Too cute. This is so something that my boys would do too. :)
Post a Comment