Whew, the questions these kids come up with. I had a dream that Sam was crying. He said "Jesus got lost, he's in my brain, but not my heart" So this morning I asked him where he thought Jesus was. He said "all around." And then I asked him if Jesus is in his heart. He looked confused. He knows this, we've just not pushed him into saying it. He said "Well, there's no refrigerator in my heart" To which I had to reply, "Why does Jesus need a refrigerator?" He said "Well, I know Jesus is alive, and you need food to stay alive, and there's no food in my heart." Oh sweet boy.....
We started a new One Year Bible plan with the kids. Right in Genesis the questions started flying. "Then God said, "Let us make man in our image, in our likeness, and let
them rule over the fish of the sea and the birds of the air, over the
livestock, over all the earth, and over all the creatures that move
along the ground." (Gen 1:26)
"Who is the Us and Our, who is God talking to. How can he be talking to Jesus if He hasn't made man yet, there's no Mary...." Yeah, child the Trinity trips me up too.
Into Job "Why is God letting Satan do all that stuff just so Job will say he still loves God, poor Job"
Yikes, I guess we'll all be learning a lot in the coming year.
2 comments:
I rally appreciated this post. Love that your sharing the Bible and such valuable lessons with your kids already. Love the questions, it puts the Word into a whole different perspective when seen through children's eyes :-)
Don't know how I missed this blog.. Funny kids..
Post a Comment