Oh Glorious Morn! What an amazingly beautiful few days. My parents came down early in the afternoon on Christmas Eve. There were doubts about the snow and when they would have to leave. We decided to do their stockings on Christmas Eve (this is usually reserved for after all presents are over). Stockings are the best and my mom really puts a lot of work into them. She once said that grownups wouldn't get them anymore, and Johnny threw a tissy. She relented so now she makes five for just my family :)
 |
| Shane playing "shake the gift" |
 |
| Love Sam's face here. |
 |
| Jackson. |
 |
| Sam's motorcycle. |
 |
| Johnny! |
 |
| New Wallflower!!! |
|
|
My mom and daddy gave me an early present of a NEW CAMERA!!! Mine was taking fuzzy yucky pictures. So I got this great new camera! The kids got their Christmas Eve present from us. We gave them aquarium rocks. Their faces were so funny. We then gave them the actual tank. I'm so excited to get some fish!
We then used the self timer to get a few family shots. It was quite a humorous attempt. I think we got a few good ones.
 |
| Funny Face Time!!! |
Then we headed off to Christmas Eve service. It was so nice to have my parents there. We ended by singing Joy to the World outside on the front lawn of the church holding our candles!
 |
| This just makes me so sad and proud at the same time. He's not allowed to look so grown up! |
 |
| I just love this one! |
The kids went to bed and Santa came. We did our families gifts first. We did the gifts from relatives and then started with our new themed way of gifts. Something to read, something to wear, something to play with, and something to share. Then we did stockings and had a great lunch. After lunch we did the gifts from Nanu and Granddaddy. My parents had to leave soon after that to avoid the snow. (it's a good thing they did, we're at over 6 inches right now) It was a great Christmas, possibly one of my favorites!
 |
| Coming down the stairs to see what's under the tree. |
 |
| Waiting...patiently? |
 |
| He's very excited about his new jersey! |
 |
| Dad's homemade chicken wings! |
 |
| I was so freaking excited. It's a terrible picture, but this candle was discontinued and my mom got the very last one from the store!!!! |
 |
| From Shane. |
 |
| Mom's Dollar Tree gifts from the boys. |
 |
| Frames the boys made. |
 |
| Mom's family tree. |
 |
| We thought they were like nightgown type things, but they are SNUGGIES!!!! |
 |
| Excited about his Redskins blanket! |
 |
| Mom and dad trying to figure out their gift??? |
 |
| Hmmmmm |
 |
| They got it, with a clue. Laundry center! |
 |
| My new frame from my mom. |
 |
| The tank all set up, waiting on fish! |
1 comment:
Looks like a great Christmas! I like the idea of themed gifts. I got a new camera too....a little point and shoot. We have a big rebel that I love but I wanted something little I could keep in my purse for quick pics and Matt found an awesome deal and snagged one for me! Made my Christmas :) I wish we would get 6 inches...we have 2 though so I will take that and be happy!
Post a Comment