Day three began much the same way as day 2. I wanted to get up earlier and take another walk. I headed straight downstairs. The innkeepers looked a little concerned about my sanity, it was raining outside. I didn't care. I grabbed a coat and headed to the main st. Forks Ave.
 |
| I loved this decor, it's the driftwood from the beaches. |
 |
| Sad little theater. |
 |
| One of the new shops in town. |
 |
| Our B&B was down the street from Dazzled. |
We had decided to head back to the beach after the dark walk the night before. We wanted to get some of the rocks. There were supposed to be tidal pools, we either missed them or looked in the wrong spots. It was chilly on the beach, but we got some cool rocks. Later we learned we were not supposed to remove them from the beach, oops.
 |
| I was a little annoyed with the wind :) |
 |
| First Beach has much smaller drift trees to climb over. |
 |
| Just a tiny portion of the mass of rocks. |
 |
| Just to show how little sand there was compared to the rocks. |
 |
| The cliffs from 1st beach. |
 |
| The one tiny tidal pool we found. |
 |
| I wish I had been able to take the bigger rocks home. |
After we dried off we got lunch at Sully's. My camera had died again by this point. Sully's is featured in the movie. It was super good and really cheap. They also have a small shop attached to the building. We then decided that we would separate for a bit. Brandy wanted to write and I wanted to walk. She ended up going on a run, but we missed each other. I walked back to the little coffee/consignment shop. I found a few more goodies there and had a nice quiet time to write. It was Sunday so they were closing early.
 |
| From my table at the coffee shop. |
I really enjoyed my quiet time. After the shop closed, I wander to a little shop we had missed. I got a few really neat pieces. I bought a piece that was made of driftwood and seaglass and a few necklaces. It was so peaceful. I then headed home and Brandy made her way back not that much longer after. I managed a few shots before the camera died again.
 |
| Blackberries were everywhere and really in bloom, in September! |
 |
| Another shot of the Miller Tree Inn. |
 |
| I loved this barn in all three lights. |
We went out to dinner when one of the best quotes happened. Brandy asked the innkeeper a good place to eat. He said "everything is just okay, pick what you want and lower your expectations." We laughed so hard. It was funny that dinner wasn't that great, but dessert was so super yummy. The restaurant actually still had a pay phone in inside. It made us laugh. After dinner we did some computer work, signed in for our flight the next night, indulged on yummy desserts and rested for the busy busy busy day that awaited us.
2 comments:
What fun memories for you two always to have...
I'm finally writing my Day 3! I had to stop and go look up your page because I couldn't remember what we did after 1st beach. :P
Post a Comment